Content style guide
Great content takes work. The good news is that anyone can do it.
These 7 principles contain strategies and tips to help you write excellent content.
- Focus on user needs and services
- Meet your audience where they are
- Build in accessibility from the start
- Be concise
- Write in plain language
- Write with a conversational and official voice
- Organize content strategically
We were inspired by the work of teams that came before us, including:
- Government Digital Service in the United Kingdom
- The Plain Language Action and Information Network at the US federal government
- Public Digital
- San Francisco Digital Services
- U.S. Digital Service